Original Member here... :)

Post pictures of your F-Body (or other car if it is really nice or interesting) here.

If you are new here, this is a good place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: Mav75, Jupiter, sailtexas186548

Re: Original Member here... :)

Postby esc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hey Barry,

It is great to hear from you!
I remember that time when Dave got lost. I came across John C. with his supercharged 4th gen on the way out to that meet. He blew an intake hose loose when he started racing me and pulled over to fix it. It's hard to believe it was that long ago.

Why don't you come out to one of the meets and tell some more of those stories?

I would love to go back to an Auto-X again. I haven't been since my son was born (he is almost 8). I'm still cruising around in the same old Camaro as ever, but it runs very well. ;)

BTW, the old email list is still up and running and several of the "old timers" still post on it regularly...including Dave.
There is a tiny, almost invisible, link on the bottom of the front page at www.houston-f-body.org that can add you to that list if you like.

Eric
If it breaks, make it stronger.
If it doesn't, try harder.
esc
Site Admin

Car: Camaro
Year: 1982

Postby bbachman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Well... as time has marched on, and it appears I will be free Saturday night so.. I think I will make a rare appearance at the meet. That is if you allow a Z06 owner that always has a soft spot for those F-Bodies!
I have to say I miss my 92 B4C/1LE and YES it honestly had a 305 not a 350... That was directed at some of the "old school" members.. Ya'll know who you are :) LOL
Hmm stories huh.. I have them from WAY back.. here is a memory.. my crazy self tearing through the parking lot at that one meet checking the "handling" of the 1LE...
My Stepdaughter (WHO IS NOW 30!!) when she was 13 calling out that clown with the fake SS at the meet on 1960...
Entering a Dodge Neon ACR at the dragstrip Bracketracing and achieving 2nd behind John Tullis.
And entering my old Lightning at the Car Club Bash as an HFB member and ticking off the lightning club...
Oh and I can go on and on....
And Eric be nice to me.. remember I have dirt on you as well... LOL

See ya'll Saturday, should be fun!!

Barry
Mods: Baldness, WeightGain, and just plain OLD!!! LOL
(Still married, same gal, good grief and to think it has been 17yrs since I asked Mike Graham "Do you think she will say yes?")

ps) Does anyone Autocross or Race at TWS anymore?
bbachman

Year: 2004

Postby esc » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Sorry I missed you at the last meet. I'm almost always there but had something come up and couldn't make it.
Let me know if you are going to make another. I'll be there in September.
If it breaks, make it stronger.
If it doesn't, try harder.
esc
Site Admin

Car: Camaro
Year: 1982

Postby CrashTestDummy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:50 am

bbachman wrote:Well... as time has marched on, and it appears I will be free Saturday night so.. I think I will make a rare appearance at the meet. That is if you allow a Z06 owner that always has a soft spot for those F-Bodies!
I have to say I miss my 92 B4C/1LE and YES it honestly had a 305 not a 350... That was directed at some of the "old school" members.. Ya'll know who you are :) LOL
Hmm stories huh.. I have them from WAY back.. here is a memory.. my crazy self tearing through the parking lot at that one meet checking the "handling" of the 1LE...
My Stepdaughter (WHO IS NOW 30!!) when she was 13 calling out that clown with the fake SS at the meet on 1960...
Entering a Dodge Neon ACR at the dragstrip Bracketracing and achieving 2nd behind John Tullis.
And entering my old Lightning at the Car Club Bash as an HFB member and ticking off the lightning club...
Oh and I can go on and on....
And Eric be nice to me.. remember I have dirt on you as well... LOL

See ya'll Saturday, should be fun!!

Barry
Mods: Baldness, WeightGain, and just plain OLD!!! LOL
(Still married, same gal, good grief and to think it has been 17yrs since I asked Mike Graham "Do you think she will say yes?")

ps) Does anyone Autocross or Race at TWS anymore?

We still have that B4C, Barry! It's now 'semi-retired', and next in line for restoration, as soon as we can get the SVO done. I plan to put the OEM paint job on it. It runs and drives great, but the stupid speedo quit working, so with that and the fuel gauge inop, it was hard to gauge the next fuel stop, so I replaced it with a 96 SS for DD duty. It still puts a smile on my face when I roll it out of the shop.

I think the TAMSCC autocrosses at Riverside these days, but may still hold drag races at TWS.
Gene Beaird,
1985 Firebird, C Prepared Autocross Car,
1992 B4C 1LE Ex-DPS Camaro RS
1995 Z28 Conviertible (her car),
Some Other Cars,
Pearland, Texas
CrashTestDummy

Car: Both
Year: 1985

Return to Show us your Ride