End of summer mods

Moderators: Mav75, Jupiter, sailtexas186548

End of summer mods

Postby Jupiter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 am

So I've worked hard all summer and it's now time to do some mods. I recently replaced my 20 year old radio/cd player. It was so old it didn't even have a skip prevention. The speakers were just as old. I'm not a music kind of guy and seldom listen to the radio, i just love the sound of my car more ya know. Anyway i now have a decent MODERN kenwood radio/cd/mp3 player with some decent pioneer speakers. The main thing about this mod was getting a stereo with a black face/knob and lights up red. mission accomplished.

With my A/C working and a decent radio in the car i decided to get the rear seat done to match the front. Am having Ja Restorations do the seat. Because the carpet material on the back of the seat is sold by the yard, i get enough carpet material to do the back of the seat and replace all the plastic carpet in the back. So with the seats all matching in black with red stitching i decided to have my new triple black door panels re-done before i install them. Am having Ja restitch the door panels with the same red stitch as the seats. Now all i need is to replace my driver side seat belt receiver which fell apart on me a few weeks ago. That will FINISH my interior finally.

With the drivetrain, chassis and interior finished i can now concentrate on buttoning up loose ends before i start looking at paint. I'd like to upgrade brakes to LS1 BUT my 1LE upgrade is good enough for now so i ordered some slotted/drilled rotors. Under the hood am pretty much done as well but since i had a small leak on one of my headers i ordered some new ceramic hooker headers. With all that done i should be ready for paint BUT i'm VERY ambivalent about getting it painted right now. On the one hand it will look PHRAKING AWESOME. On the other hand if i get it painted i won't want to go joy riding for fear of chipping the paint, soo... I may have to enjoy the car for a while before i get her painted... LOL
Jupiter

Car: Firebird
Year: 1982

Re: End of summer mods

Postby Mav75 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Man, all I wanted to do was swap out my antenna and hatch struts! I'm such a slacker!
Mav75

Year: 1989

Postby Jupiter » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:31 am

Mav75 wrote:Man, all I wanted to do was swap out my antenna and hatch struts! I'm such a slacker!

LOL

I was already this weekend to get my headers installed and the weather rolls in... grrrrr
I don't have enough lighting in my garage to work on this stuff while it's raining and the garage door closed so i had LOT'S of free time to polish the headers. They looked like crap out of the box as they had this whitish tarnish like film on them. Now i see why lot's of the ceramic headers i have seen on peoples car looks like crap. I would assume most people installed their ceramic headers right out of the box without cleaning/polishing them before FIRST heat 'engine running up to temp' so as the tarnish/film doesn't get baked into the ceramic. Wish i had taken a pic before i polished them but here is a pic after a few minutes of polishing with a Powerball and some fine polish.
Attachments
header.jpg
header.jpg (258.15 KiB) Viewed 6426 times
Jupiter

Postby Jupiter » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:12 pm

I won't make todays meet because am trying to get my headers finished and my interior is out of the car.
Almost done with the headers though...
Attachments
headers1a.jpg
headers1a.jpg (263.23 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
Jupiter

Postby Jupiter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:27 pm

I won't get my interior back till next week but in the meantime i installed my new rotors... w00t

Jupiter

Postby Mav75 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm

NICE!!
Mav75

Year: 1989

Return to Modifications