Craig "Zap-Racing" Landry

This forum is dedicated to those who have come before and left their mark on all of us. Here we remember our fallen comrades and give them the credit that they deserve.

If you know someone who was active in the car scene in Houston and want to tell us about how they changed your life, please post here and let us know.

Moderators: Mav75, Jupiter, sailtexas186548

Craig "Zap-Racing" Landry

Postby esc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Craig was a good guy. He died suddenly and it was a big shock to me. I still think of him from time to time and know that he would have loved to be a part of what we are doing here.

For those of you who didn't know Craig. He was a very active member and later a moderator on ThirdGen.Org. He was one of the driving forces behind the BIG TGO annual meets that were held in Houston in the Early 2000's. He knew a lot about 3rd gen F-Bodies. He was always willing to go out of his way to help a fellow enthusiast and was just an all around good guy.

In the coming days I will try to post some stories about Craig and all the ways he helped the Houston contingent from TGO. I firmly believe that we would not be where we are today if it were not for the contributions that Craig made.
If it breaks, make it stronger.
If it doesn't, try harder.
esc
Site Admin

Car: Camaro
Year: 1982

Re: Craig "Zap-Racing" Landry

Postby DENN_SHAH » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm

i really don't have any stories to tell about Craig, but he truly was a great guy and would go out of his way to help.
even though i have a Monte Carlo, he was the first to invite me to a thirdgen GTG. he is part of the reason im active on thirdgen.
i too was shocked when i heard he had left us.
without a doubt, he would have loved to see what you guys are doing here with the monthly meets.

Zap, you may be gone, but you are not forgotten.
DENN_SHAH

Year: 0

Re: Craig "Zap-Racing" Landry

Postby esc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Today I remembered a time...

I had been working on my car. It had been out at my shop for several days. I was trying to get everything wrapped up in time to make a TGO meet in Kemah. I finally got everything buttoned up at the last possible minute, then when I went to start the car...the battery was dead! I didn't have a charger or jumper cables or anything. I called Craig and he volunteered to drive out of his way, to my shop and help me get my car started. This was not long after we had met, he didn't know me from anyone and it would probably make him late, but he was happy to have the chance to help a fellow enthusiast. If not for him I would have missed a nice meet that day.
If it breaks, make it stronger.
If it doesn't, try harder.
esc
Site Admin

Car: Camaro
Year: 1982

Return to In Memory of